Who doesn’t love a good accessory? As the seasons shift and the days get cooler, layering and switching up options for versatility is always a goal for me. I like having outfits that work daytime and can easily be updated for an evening look for those week after work happy hours or last minute date nights. The best part is you don’t have to spend a fortune to expand your wardrobe options! Here are a few key pieces I always like to add to my wardrobe to help switch up looks – plus I’ve found pieces that are under $30 to help you expand your wardrobe too!(1) More Scarves, Please! Expanding your scarf collection with patterned and neutral scarves can expand your wardrobe options dramatically. If you’re working with a patterned scarf, like this Leopard Print Scarf from Gap – you can stick to a neutral color palette as your base canvas versus a neutral scarf with a patterned dress or sweater. Scarfs can also help you transition summer pieces into fall!
(2) Classic Booties. And buy multiple colors! Once you find a good classic pair of booties, stock up! You will quickly find that you’ll be switching these in and out all season long. A great pair of booties can go with a variety of looks from a dress to jeans, plus they keep your tootsies warm! Check out these booties from TJMaxx that come in both camel and black… and yes they’re under $30.
(3) Statement Necklace. A statement necklace can change a whole look taking it from basic to glam. I love taking a more casual look and adding a necklace making it feel more complete and ready to take on the day. This is also another easy way to transition an outfit from daytime (no necklace) to nighttime (necklace!) Pro-tip: Stock up with sales, like this sale at New York & Company happening right now!
(4) A Nude Handbag (or four). You should probably have like four nude handbags in different styles from over the shoulder, to a structured tote, to a work bag. A nude bag can help make a statement when paired with fun colors, and is also professional for the work week! Aldo has a handful of nude stunners on sale, for under $30.
(5) A Neutral Jean Jacket. For under $30?! Hell yeah! The key is finding one that is classic and neutral both in colors and embellishments like this Jean Jacket from Target. With the right jacket your wardrobe can be styled from casual to evening and from summer to fall. Pro-tip: if you plan to layer a lot with you jean jacket, consider going up a size, or you may be somewhat limited to your seasons! I love styling my jean jacket with a fun dress or styling it down with a t-shirt.
(6) Layering Vests. Adding a few vests to your wardrobe will not only be functional, but will also give you a variety of options for switching out looks for continued versatility. Having a few key vest types can help whether you’re dressing up a look (like this Vest from Nordstrom Rack) or being more casual on the weekend for a quick trip to the store or a walk with the pup (shop this Puffer Vest from Old Navy)!
Shop the pieces: Leopard Print Scarf from Gap | Vest from Nordstrom Rack \ Jean Jacket from Target | Booties from TJMaxx | Structured Tote from Aldo | Statement Necklace from New York & Co.
I am always looking for easy and budget friendly ways to expand my wardrobe while making sure my looks and pieces are functional! A lot of these may seem like basics, but the key is to expanding and adding to your wardrobe expanding outfit options for all occasions. Happy Shopping!