This month’s Fitness Friday is the first official check-in on my progress this far! I am officially 7-for-7 in attendance back to Boot camp, over the last 2-weeks and two morning classes up and out the door. It feels great. I’m honestly a bit pissed at myself for ever stopping, for getting to the point where I am at, for getting unhealthy.
But that has changed.
I am no longer going to get in the way of my goals and feeling great. I realized the other morning in class, that I have a lot of work to do. I have a lot of work to do pushing my body and strength and a lot of work to do with my diet/eating habits, luckily I feel like I have the food somewhat under control in comparison.
I have a goal in mind, and I’ve got my sights set on it. I am determined and I am motivated. I can’t wait to see all of the progress I make in the first few months and over the next nine, and over the next year!
What is keeping you motivated?
It’s the first Friday in December! Now that the holidays are right around the corner, I wanted to share 4 simple tips that I’ll be using this month to help maintain and not gain.
- Eat Breakfast. Don’t skip out on breakfast. I think it’s human nature to try not eat if we have a party that night, so that we can fully enjoy the snacks and treats – well this will only lead you to overeating, and not the right things. Eat a good, healthy breakfast and don’t skip out on other meals! Consider eating proteins and healthy fats that will fill you up throughout the day.
- Build your Immune System. This should always be part of your daily regime, but especially around the holidays be sure your taking care of your body inside and out. Taking Vitamin C, echinacea and other immune system building antics can help in the season of sneezing, coughing and colds!
- Get that Workout In. But don’t stress over it or kill yourself to get there, know the number of workouts you want to get in… no the realistic amount… I’ve gotten to the point where three workouts during the work week is my minimum goal – I don’t always achieve it but I get pretty darn close! And when I beat it, it’s even better!
- Limit the Sweets. Yes three cookies are always better than two. But when you’re about to pick up that third or fourth cookie, think again and spread out the sweets. This goes for alcohol too, try and limit the number of beers, or stick with vodka or gin mixed with soda water and a fresh garnish!
What’re your tips and tricks to help beat holiday weight gain? Share them in the comments below or on social @mmariebee.
Hello! I took a little bit of a Fitness Friday break – I’ve been trying to get back into a groove to share all the progress I’ve been making! But it’s been slow progress and I was lacking motivation and inspiration.
But within this past week I’ve gotten up three mornings in a row to hit up the gym. After work has been too busy and now that it’s dark when I leave work the motivation is very little… lunches are good but I always feel rushed. Morning workouts have been the trick and I’ve actually been doing them. Another motivator that has helped get these in is having workout buddies to go with me, yay for workout partners at your same gym! After these last three mornings I instantly feel better, I instantly don’t want to stop.
Here are my tips and reminders lately that’re keeping me focused to stay on track this time.
- Our Wedding! We are nearly at the year mark to the wedding, and since this past year has been a constant struggle I need to start now to really get motivated and make progress. Although I’m pretty sure once I secure my dress the motivation will kick up a level. This will be a prom diet on steroids. Don’t have a wedding or big event coming up to look forward too? What about a vacation or a bikini you’ve had your eyes on, it’s never too early to start working on yourself!
- My Jeans. I know when my jeans are feeling a bit tighter that I need to get off my butt and get to the gym! I don’t like stepping on the scale, but I know when things aren’t going in the right direction when my clothes aren’t feeling right. Don’t like the scale either? Read your clothes and pick up the pace if you’re not loving the fit.
- Feeling Better. I haven’t felt overly tired this past week after my early morning workouts, in fact I’ve felt better all around. I’ve even started pushing myself to running on the treadmill (which I hate) but doing it in small doses and picking up the speed more than my comfort zone, and knowing I can do it.
- Half Marathons. I’ve got my eyes on some upcoming races to end this year strong and even to get ready for, for 2017 to help with wedding prep! I know I would be in no condition to run a half marathon right now, but I really want to run another one since it’s been almost 2-years since our last half. Yikes!
I’m excited about this new progress and thankful for having motivating friends who also want to get back into a routine, it helps so much!
Cheers to progress and motivating friends!
Guys & Gals. How are we doing? It’s Friday yet again and we have one more week of September left before it’s October, woah!
I will admit heading into month 10 of 2016; I was hoping to have made better progress and be more consistent with my workout routine. I know for any of you who are keeping up that I am sounding like a BROKEN RECORD, I know. Anyone want to just shake me and yell, JUST DO IT ALREADY?? Yeah, me too. But since joining the professional world, finding that balance and continuing the same level of work I used to put towards my body and health has shifted drastically. And from that perspective I have not been happy.
I will also be the first to admit I have not been nearly as proactive as I preach or want to be. I could definitely be more proactive… I WILL be more proactive. The statement above rings true for my mentality lately, I’ve been able to find a million excuses to justify why going home after work or not waking up early and telling myself I’ll do it later. In fact I started off with an excuse of work/life. Being fit, and healthy IS important to me, lazy is just getting in the way. Not to mention, I am pretty sure I am stressing myself out more about not working out than I am actually working out. Not proactive. Not helpful. No good.
Here are ways I plan to be proactive this fall!
Fall 2016 Goals:
– 2-morning workouts a week
– 2-lunch workouts a week
– Weekend walks/runs/Barre3 on rainy days
– Continue to eat better
– 5k scheduled for mid-October
– Gym membership purchased
– Weight Loss Challenge with B – starting Oct 1st
Here’s to pushing through, getting off our asses and pushing ourselves to be the people we know we can be and being happy with ourselves at the end of the day in all aspects.