It’s February! That mean’s a month all about L-O-V-E! And I have a really affordable DIY to share with you that is easy to make, beautiful, and completely personalized Valentines for all your favorite people.
What You’ll Need:
– Craft/Scrapbook paper; think patterns, pinks, reds and hearts!
– Scissors, glue stick, hole-punch
– Stickers; stick to metallics, hearts and letters! (optional)
– Photos (optional)
Step 1: Gather all your goodies to create your Valentine’s; once you’ve got all your goodies and figured out who you want to make a card for – it’s time to start making!
Step 2: Pick out your papers, and determine your shape – obviously a heart is a good go-to, if you’re afraid to freehand the cut find a template online or trace on paper before. You’ll want to cut two of your papers so you can have a front and back – these can be the same or mix and match! It’s OK if it’s not perfect, because it’s handmade!! Once you’ve got your shape cut, glue the front and back together. An optional add; is to hole punch around the perimeter of the heart and then weave ribbon in and out of the holes.
Step 3: Start to Personalize! Add your pictures; stickers and write a sweet note to your honey or bestie… and wah-la! You’ve got a personal, one of a kind Valentine for that special someone.
Since I am an avid scrapbooker, I had a lot of these supplies in-house stocked away. But scrapbook paper is usually on sale for 7 for $1; ribbon is around $3.99 a roll, stickers can add up if you buy a bunch; but finding some that can be used as accents won’t break the bank. Not to mention you can always find a great coupon to help. If you stock up now, you’ll have a mini stockpile ready for next year, woo!
I’m not sure about you, but we’ve still been having summer-like days and it does not feel like October! Not to mention, I’m pretty sure September was over in a blink of an eye, but I am starting to sound like a broken record. So since it’s officially fall, I wanted to share these 5 must do crafts to help us get into the fall mood!
Although I’m not huge into decorating for Halloween, and more of an all around fall girl – these fun sassy painted pun-kins are a fun way to spice up your decor and make a statement! They also remind me of conversation hearts and could be given to friends as a hostess gift or just for a chuckle. The rest of these crafts are definitely perfect for the whole fall season right until you start putting up the Christmas lights and hanging the stockings. Although you could buy the square pumpkin wreath from TJ Maxx – this could be easily made (DIY tutoring coming soon)! And for a fraction of the cost, I would guess. I love the square shape, it’s different from the norm and the white pumpkins give it a clean and fresh look.
You know I can’t resist a wooden hand painted sign and this Fall Awaits sign with the added florals really makes a pop, adds some color and makes that statement we all want to have! The last two crafts help prep your table especially if you’re hosting Turkey Day. These easy and low cost thankful napkin rings are the perfect touch to finish your table setting and leave a personal touch for your guests. Continue to wow guests with a simple centerpiece featuring more white pumpkins (obsessed!), berries and more sweet sentiments – not to mention I love the long narrow wooden cutting board as the base, keeping the focal point.
So if you’ve been like me and are just starting to realize that fall is happening – light an apple or pumpkin spice candle try a few of these to spruce up your place!
Happy Fall Y’all!
This year I have full intentions of focusing on being healthy – inside and out, because to me being healthy is being happy. And being happy touches every single part of my life, but the part I am most concerned about is my life at home and being happy and content, being the best me.
Being healthy is more than eating right and working out, being healthy is pausing, turning off the noise, taking a few extra deep breaths, a break from ‘reality’ … from the office, it’s focusing time on the important things, the things that makes you whole and happy.
Here are some ways you can achieve healthy too!
- See It – Broken record Bee again; but if you write it down and see it, you will be/do it. Write down those things that are important to you, the things you want to focus on or spend more time doing. Make it colorful, or write it on some nice paper and make it into art, post it in the bathroom or kitchen so you see it every day!
- Workout – For me, this is going to be boot camp. This is my workout that challenges me, makes me stronger, pushes me, and gets me into the shape I want to be and keeps me engaged and doesn’t make me bored. Set your workout goals and stick to them – but even before that figure out what works for YOU.
- Mental Breaks – Whether it’s the weekend or a 20-minute walk in the middle of the afternoon, take the mental breaks. Know when it’s time to stop and say time-out. Mental breaks could also include time with friends, family or your sig-o, laughing and sharing moments with these important people in life, can just be what the doctor ordered.
- Spa Day – This takes that mental break one step further. And helps with a mental and physical break. Taking care of your body inside and out is just as important as anything else on your list. Be sure to take a break and plan these out so you won’t forget!
- Give Back – One thing B and I have talked about doing more of is volunteering and giving back, this is definitely something we are going to work and carve into our regularly scheduled lives – we definitely have a few afternoons to spare and help out those in need. Wanting to give back more? Look for local organizations or a local parish and reach out to see how you might be able to get involved!
- Time for Hobbies – This can tie into that mental break category, a great way to give that brain a break is to spend time on things you love to do. For me it’s scrap-booking, DIY-ing and writing. Even if it’s one Sunday a month, make time to spend an afternoon focusing on the things you love to do!
- Balance – Work to find your balance this year – whether it’s balancing your burger to salad ratio or life to work, start figuring out those stresses that trigger or conquer these battles in real time. Say no, say yes, or wait to decide. Writing these down and knowing possible feats ahead of time will help conquer them this year!
How will you achieve a healthy 2017?
One of my favorite parts of our house is our front porch. I love dressing it up for the different seasons, but especially the fall! Filling it with mums, pumpkins and other warm and welcoming elements to highlight our home (and blue door)! The front door and porch are the first impression of the house; so although a lot of the pieces have been a work in progress and the patio furniture isn’t up to (my) snuff it’s a place where I like to focus time and effort to create a warm impression! This year I went for whites and purples for my mums and mixed in some white pumpkins with a lot of bright oranges ones! The pumpkins and mums line the pathway leading to the front door and the large wooden Welcome sign. I just love how the wooden sign turned out with the rest of the fall decor.
Share your front porch decor with me; tag me on instagram @mmariebee.
Thanks for visiting!