With the last full weekend of August now behind us, the end of summer is starting to sink in. Not to mention, my end of summer bucket list is starting to get crossed off, too!
A few Saturday’s ago after church, B and I were gonna go find a patio for drinks and an early dinner. But after a full day of running around, hanging out on OUR patio sounded much better. A drink and soaking up the sun turned into a late night with the neighbors, drinking champagne, laughing and dancing with good friends.
Although our Friday night baseball game felt more like fall that summer, it was a great night – home run included, to root on the home team with friends! Plus we squeezed in a new downtown brewery before, which was nice to try a new hot spot.
B and I finally got out on the links together! We spent the late morning and early afternoon playing 9-holes and the weather was perfect and full of sunshine. Although I’m a bit more relaxed on the golf course I still enjoy playing and sinking a few putts and watching B crush the golf ball!
We spent Sunday morning kayaking, on the river and made our way out onto the lake, we felt like the first ones out there and it was perfect!
I’ve still got a few more to cross off on the list – but feeling good about knocking off these last bit of summer fun!
I know, I know, I hate to say it, but being the second day of August, Fall is quickly around the corner. And although we were fortunate to take 2-great vacations, there are still a lot of things I want to do! So to keep summer going, I’m sharing my end of summer bucket list to stay motivated and to soak up as much sun as possible!
- Patio date night: This one is a two-part deal. I want B and I to have a night out on our new patio with our fire pit, a bottle of champagne, and just talk the night away. The second part would be going out and enjoying another intimate patio at a favorite restaurant with some cocktails and small plates.
- Enjoy downtown: Since we both work downtown, we don’t always make it back out, so planning a weekend night or Sunday afternoon perusing the city is a must.
- Watch the sunset at the beach: Easy enough and something we don’t nearly take advantage of being so close to the beaches.
- Take Moz on more walks: I don’t want our busy schedules to get in the way of getting Moz out for a walk!
- Go to a baseball game: Surprisingly we haven’t gotten to a ball game yet this summer, and it just isn’t summer without a stadium hot dog and the seventh inning stretch! We’ve already made plans with friends to get to one.
- Lay out in the sun: My early summer tan is fading! And a good afternoon in the sunshine is always the perfect fix to any summer blues… or fading tans.
- Go golfing: With B of course! I’m not an avid golfer, but I always enjoy it, so a round of 9 holes would be fun.
- Kayaking: We went kayaking last summer and it was the perfect activity to jump start a weekend morning and enjoy the water.
- Weekend at the cabin: We’ve been so busy that this might end up being a fall activity, but it’s been a yearly tradition so we have to get back and turn off for a weekend.
- Finish some books: I’ve started a few books, that I need to finish! Even though I enjoy reading, unless I have dedicated travel time, reading is a forced thought. I need to finish, Big Little Lies, 16th Seduction and Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald.
It’s already going to be a busy end to the summer, so I hope sprinkling in a few of these bucket list items will be fun and welcomed! What’s on your end of summer bucket list?