Not a great planner? Well I wanted to share my Pre-Vacation checklist with you in case you needed a little help when you’re getting ready for your next trip – there are so many things that need to get coordinated, from pet sitters, bills, work and all the last minute things you forget about! Here are 6-easy things things to help you stay organized and get all the things done before you go!
(1) Schedule your Mani & Pedi 2-3 Days Before Departure. I love having a fresh mani and pedi for major life events and vacations! So for me it’s crucial, and something to schedule closer to your departure date so you can ensure your nails stay un-chipped and vacation ready,
(2) Get Your Spa Appointments in the Week Before. Depending on what kind of vacay you’re having or where you’re going. Whether it’s getting a nice base tab with a spray tan, getting a fresh haircut, or a bikini wax for the beach! Make sure to space these out or get them scheduled a week or so before vacay. Remember – you don’t want to be too busy right before you leave, because that won’t help with the stress!
(3) Plan Your Outfits Ahead of Time. It might feel like it’s too soon to pack but setting aside outfits two or three weeks ahead of time will help you fill in the blanks if needed! This also saves time of doing loads and loads of laundry just before you leave for that last minute piece you decided to wear – not to mention if you need to go shop for anything you’ll have time to make sure you have a vacation ready wardrobe.
(4) Organize Your Confirmation Codes & Reservation Details. It’s important to get all your reservation details organized into a central place that will be easy to reference on the road – that means your flight numbers, rental car and hotel check-in. I like doing a quick screen grab and favoriting on my phone so they’re easy to find and adding details in my notes section as my back-up.
(5) Set A Reminder On Your Phone for Flight Check-Ins. 24-hours before you’re flight you’re able to check-in, and this is something I always forget – I don’t have airline apps or get email notifications, so I need to set my own reminder. With a quick and easy reminder 24-hours before I remember to get all checked in, don’t forget to do this for your trip home!
(6) Pre-Schedule Vacay Activities. Whether it’s a special dinner reservation, tickets for a famous tourist attraction, check out ticket pricing and times ahead of the trip. This is especially important if you’re heading to city destinations like NYC or DC. We quickly found out that we wouldn’t have been able to eat, or at least not at a decent time if we didn’t have a dinner reservation in either city! Same with famous destinations, tickets and crucial times quickly get snatched up – planning ahead will relive stress and allow you to see and do all those picture perfect places.
As much as vacations are for relaxing, they’re a bit stressful leading up to them so with a little pre-planning and organization you can be a little less stressed and straight to vacation mode! Also, make sure you have a vacation ready wardrobe with these tips, seen previously on the bee. Do you have any pre-vacation rituals when you travel? Leave a comment below!