This months latest obsessions are a bit all over the place, so bare with me!
Table Runners: OBSESSED. And the reason I love these so much is because they’re affordable ways to decorate and dress your dining room, or a hutch in the kitchen! Especially if you shop at a Home Good or Marshall’s they’re always switching these out seasonally, so your collection can keep growing. #guilty
Gaga: All over the place… I told you! After seeing Gaga in concert, I still can’t help but crank up her music, belt out some lyrics and bust a move. Her latest single, The Cure is also a latest obsession. Not to mention her upcoming documentary Gaga: Five Foot Two on Netflix looks intense!
House Projects: Since we’ve put a lot of things on hold since our big patio make-over earlier in the summer, and with another big event coming quickly *cough wedding cough* we’ve been behaving ourselves and holding off on a few things! But it’s just about that time when we’re just looking for something to work on. I’m itching for some landscaping, ready for that new kitchen, and maybe an office make-over?
Trips in 2018: Beyond seeing 2018 in writing (yikes!) – I’m super pumped for a number of vacations and trips that are being talked about/planned, it’s going to be another busy year of travel. ❤ I am jonesing to add more miles and a few new spots to my list of visited places!
What’ve you been obsessing over lately? Tweet me @mmariebee or leave a comment below!
Photo sources: Gaga Poster | Kitchen | Table Runner | Mykonos
Since we’ve been in #weddingdiet mode, we’ve been trying to be a bit more conscious with our dinner choices, on top of some recent dietary restrictions I’ve been faced with, the options become extremely limited. So we’ve had to try a few more options and stick solely to the basics; meat and veggies. But with this comes prep time and planning which are two crucial items when trying to eat right!
The goal for me, is finding recipes that can easily be tailored to fit within my dietary restrictions, which pretty much means, no cheese and nothing too spicy, among other things that I’ve just learned to stay away from – and even just in general the more plain the food is, sadly the safer it is for me! So although these recipes I’m dying to try will need to be altered – it doesn’t mean you all have to suffer too!
Beef Taco Salad Pizza: This looks so delicious, and very few ingredients too, which makes pulling this one together affordable! I would have to ditch the cheese and sour cream, but the seasoning and avocado will make up for any lost taste!
Black Bean Quinoa Burger: This plump looking burger calls for some spicy mayo, this would definitely need to be substituted out in addition to the cumin and cayenne called for in the actual burger. I love the idea of mango and avocado topping this quinoa black bean burger – mouth officially watering.
Greek Grilled Eggplant: This recipe again is super easy and low cost, making it a perfect busy-day dinner! Ingredients are probably all housed beyond maybe picking up a fresh eggplant to slice up and grill. I think you could probably guess by now, no feta for me! But some fresh basil would be a great topper.
Have any great, easy recipes? Leave a comment below and share them with me!
This past weekend our wedding festivities officially kicked off! We kicked it off with my bridal shower, and it was absolutely amazing! So where to even begin? My shower was hosted by my mom, my MIL and my MOH and we were able to have it at our house, as many people had to travel anywhere from 5-minutes to 4-hours, so I was very grateful to everyone who made the journey! So bare with me through the upcoming sap…
Family and friends are so important, and you truly learn who your friends are as you grow older in life – whether they’re new or old, it’s the bonds that keep you together. From our amazing neighbors, to a group of former co-workers, to B’s amazing family, to my best friend/MOH from high school and her amazing mom, to my incredible family, it was all the people who matter – just like our wedding will be one night with all the people who B and I love, and have seen us grow and become us.
The one game we played was called Who Am I? which allowed me to have a special moment to connect with everyone there, shower guests wrote a memory on a card, and Katie read them for me to guess who the memory was with! I was definitely stumped a bunch, only because there were multiple shower guests at the same event/memory – but it was fun and funny to see what most people wrote about or remembered about me, (and maybe even a little embarrassing!). The note cards will be a nice keepsake to have as part of our wedding memories!
I’m just grateful for all of the love, plus the shower wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be (the attention, and being on display opening presents!) … haha, I was a bit anti-shower for awhile. It went so quick, that I wish I would’ve been able to socialize a bit more with everyone but I got hugs from everyone so that itself was a success!
I’ll be sharing part two featuring all the perfect details and decor, tomorrow!
Happy Friday! Today I am sharing with you my first pass at Overnight Oats. Yes, I finally bit the bullet and tried this craze. I was hoping to share two recipes with you, but I didn’t love the one – and why share stuff with you all that I don’t love?! The best part about this recipe is, it tastes delicious, it’s a little sweet, it’s dairy free, and easy for on the go! What You’ll Need:
– 1/2 cup of rolled oats
– 3/4 cup of almond milk
– 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
– 3 tbsp. of grated carrot
– 1 tbsp. of maple syrup
– 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
– Shredded coconut for topping
1. Place all dry ingredients into a small, air tight container (mason jars seem to be the most popular!) then stir the dry ingredients together.
2. Next, add the almond milk and stir so that it’s mixed well.
3. Seal with lid, and place in fridge overnight (or at least 2-3 hours)
4. Top oats with coconut topping, as much or as little as you’d like!
I’m still curious about these overnight oats, so I’m sure I’ll be trying a few other recipes! Not to mention I am a horrible planner in the mornings for breakfast, so this is good for morning workout days. What are your favorite overnight oat recipes? Please leave a comment below!
I know, I know, I hate to say it, but being the second day of August, Fall is quickly around the corner. And although we were fortunate to take 2-great vacations, there are still a lot of things I want to do! So to keep summer going, I’m sharing my end of summer bucket list to stay motivated and to soak up as much sun as possible!
- Patio date night: This one is a two-part deal. I want B and I to have a night out on our new patio with our fire pit, a bottle of champagne, and just talk the night away. The second part would be going out and enjoying another intimate patio at a favorite restaurant with some cocktails and small plates.
- Enjoy downtown: Since we both work downtown, we don’t always make it back out, so planning a weekend night or Sunday afternoon perusing the city is a must.
- Watch the sunset at the beach: Easy enough and something we don’t nearly take advantage of being so close to the beaches.
- Take Moz on more walks: I don’t want our busy schedules to get in the way of getting Moz out for a walk!
- Go to a baseball game: Surprisingly we haven’t gotten to a ball game yet this summer, and it just isn’t summer without a stadium hot dog and the seventh inning stretch! We’ve already made plans with friends to get to one.
- Lay out in the sun: My early summer tan is fading! And a good afternoon in the sunshine is always the perfect fix to any summer blues… or fading tans.
- Go golfing: With B of course! I’m not an avid golfer, but I always enjoy it, so a round of 9 holes would be fun.
- Kayaking: We went kayaking last summer and it was the perfect activity to jump start a weekend morning and enjoy the water.
- Weekend at the cabin: We’ve been so busy that this might end up being a fall activity, but it’s been a yearly tradition so we have to get back and turn off for a weekend.
- Finish some books: I’ve started a few books, that I need to finish! Even though I enjoy reading, unless I have dedicated travel time, reading is a forced thought. I need to finish, Big Little Lies, 16th Seduction and Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald.
It’s already going to be a busy end to the summer, so I hope sprinkling in a few of these bucket list items will be fun and welcomed! What’s on your end of summer bucket list?
This month’s latest obsessions is a fashion edition. Covering off on all my favorite summer pieces from the beach, to the patio, to a wedding! Let’s face it, that is pretty much what the whole summer is about, and your wardrobe can never have enough options for any of those occasions!
For the Beach: My must have is high-waisted bikini bottoms! A little over a year ago, these were hard to find, now you can find them almost everywhere! From Target, to Old Navy to Athleta, the prints and options are endless and adorable! Since my beach bod has been a work in progress, this is a cute way for me to feel more confident and comfortable! Not to mention everything is on SALE right now! Stock-up!
For the Patio: For the cool summer nights I’ve been loving a pair of mid-rise jean shorts paired with a flowy long sleeve shirt or sweater. It’s perfect for a low-key night with friends sitting around the fire, sipping on a tasty beverage and listening to some good tunes.
For the Wedding: I first fell in love with Jessakae on Pinterest when I saw these gorgeous floral printed dressed. Although, like most clothing pins on Pinterest, the links never work but I decided to click, and to my surprise the link worked! I’ve bought three dresses off Jessakae, they arrive quickly, the fabric is incredible soft and light and they’re great for casual events or to dress up with heels and a nice hair style. They also offer tops, bottoms, and cute shoes!
There is still plenty of summer left to stock your wardrobe with all these essentials, I know I have been!
Image Sources: Top Left || Top Right || Bottom Left || Bottom Right
When planning a wedding, the honeymoon is often the second most talked about event beyond the big day. And it is often the thing the couple ends up looking forward to, maybe even more than the wedding day? So with so much pressure on the big day, there is equal pressure for the week after. Here are a few tips for planning your honeymoon!
- Consider a Mini-Moon. Since we’re getting married in November, our dream spots aren’t in season in November or December, so we were a little bummed out. Until family/friends were telling us we had to get away still, even if it was local in the U.S. Problem solved, tickets/resort booked! There are so many cities popping up all over the U.S. that can allow for the perfect romantic getaway you’re looking for. Oh, and you can still plan that dream spot the following year! Check out these mini-moon spots from Travel + Leisure
- Go Someplace New. We are totally guilty of vacationing to the same places, so this is the perfect excuse to try someplace new. Whether you’re keeping it in the continental U.S., or venturing over seas, there are endless places to visit. If you’re like us, the list goes on for days of dream vacation destinations.
- Add It To Your Registry! With new innovative registries becoming more popular, like Zola, you can literally add a honeymoon fund to your list! This allows guests to contribute money for your dream vacation, and can help take off some of the financial burden for the couples dream trip.
- Relaxation vs. Adventure. Choosing your destination may be impacted by what you’re planning to do on your vacation. Consider if you’ll want to strictly relax, or want to have endless options of excursions and places to visit. A city destination will probably be more on the go vs. a warm resort town on the west coast. Looking for excursions and activities, maybe consider a mountain resort getaway or hiking through the Grand Canon or Smokey Mountains.
- Consider Connections. Do you know family/friends that have vacationed in spots you’ve dreamed of going? Ask them for tips on places to stay and restaurants to visit. Better yet, if family/friends have time shares that you can take advantage of, do it! Then you just have to worry about airfare, maybe a rental car and your day-to-day expenses! A honeymoon on a budget, is never a bad thing!
Whatever trip you plan, and wherever you end up going, will be a memorable trip! Just remember why you’re going, it’s your first trip as husband and wife (husband/husband or wife/wife)!!
Image Sources: Top Left || Top Right || Bottom Left || Bottom Right
It was another perfect summer weekend. The weather was gorgeous and the company was enjoyed. Friday night started with some porch drinks with our neighbors and a late dinner date! It was a great kickoff to the weekend.
Saturday morning we got up early to attend a yoga class and volunteer through our friends new venture, Yogatta Give Back. It’s a combination of yoga and volunteering. First you start with the class, followed by volunteering wherever the spot is, it’s a wide variety of places and causes. We volunteered at Habitat for Humanity, and spruced up their community area. It was the perfect morning outside!
Saturday night we attended our first wedding of 2017! It was a dear former co-workers wedding, and it was the perfect night for these two to tie the knot. They exchanged vows in front of a breathtaking back drop of endless views, and the reception was in a rustic and charming lodge on the property. We had breakfast for dinner and they made 150 mini cakes, of their cake, for guests to enjoy. The bride is an insane baker (Snicklefritz Bakeshop), and so is the groom, so decadent treats were of plenty! It was a sweet night for a very sweet couple, their love and the love of everyone attending was so evident!
Sunday was filled with some pampering, sunshine, neighbors and even a run! I can’t believe it was the last official weekend of June, another perfect one for summer.
How did you spend your last weekend of June?
Happy Friday! Here are my latest obsessions for the month of June, a hodgepodge of personal and some new music faves for you to try!
Our Patio. Full disclosure, this was a project that B wanted done 10x more than I did (full reveal to be posted next week!), but I am so glad we did it. It’s like night and day, and we spend so much time out there. I can’t wait for more summer nights with friends, grilling out, plenty of laughs and drinks to go around! Not to mention, Moz loves it too.
Working Out. Yes. I’m finally there, pushing myself and making myself get out of bed when I really wanted to sleep in (like this morning) and on those hot summer days after work. It’s that making that decision to say yes, and do it versus saying no and regretting. Our wedding countdown is getting shorter and shorter, and I still have big goals to hit – so I need to keep conquering them all!
Witness. Katy Perry’s newest CD officially hit the stores 2-weeks ago, and since I got concert tickets for her upcoming tour, Katy sent CD’s straight to my door! This has been my new jam in the car, my favorite songs are Hey Hey Hey, Roulette and Swish Swish. Also if you’re looking for some good music my two go-to playlists on Spotify are “Today’s Top Hits” and “Cardio”
Share what you’ve been obsessing over in the comments below! I want to know!!