Are you ready for something Spookilicious? With Halloween weekend upon us, I couldn’t help but feel inspired to create a healthy and gut-friendly Halloween-themed charcuterie board for two! Especially with the forecast not looking so great, cozying up at home sounds like the perfect fix paired with some snacks and adult bevies.
Since our gut journey, we still enjoy snacks and sweets – we just look a little differently at what we pick out and snack on or opt to make things with fresh and healthier ingredients. We’ve been cutting back on processed snacks, but when we do, we’ve been really conscious at reading the ingredients and buying things without artificial flavors or hidden junk – the fewer ingredients listed…, the better!
Here are a few of my favorite treats for this board:
– Flackers – flax seed crackers, we got the Sea Salt – but can’t wait to try other flavors
– Simple Mills Cheddar Crackers (and anything Simple Mills)
– 3-ingredient dark chocolate peanut butter skulls
– Homemade Ranch Sauce: Greek Yogurt, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, and dried dill
– Deviled Eggs
– Fermented pickles
– Skinny Dipped Peanut Butter Chocolate Almonds
My secret to creating the perfect charcuterie board is having an even mix of crunch, sweet, savory, veggies, and some fruit. Even if they’re good for you, having the perfect blend of all the right things can make for healthy snacking without the guilt. What’re your Halloween plans?
Looking for a unique concoction, try my Champagne Coven Cocktail!