Introducing the newest blog series: Baking with B! My hubby, B has been a rockstar during quarantine to find recipes that are not only easy, but dairy free and healthy-ish! His latest is also keto friendly and requires very little prep as it’s a no-bake recipe. These were a welcomed surprise and are so easy to whip together for a quick treat whether it’s just for two or a nice after dinner treat for an intimate dinner party. Check out the shopping list and super simple step-by-step instructions below, and try not to drool over these sweet treats!
Super easy shopping list and super easy to throw into a bowl, with minimum tools needed! But a few things to consider when you’re shopping; the last time we made this treat, I asked B to leave out the Stevia sweetener to see if there would be a difference, as I can taste the sweetness (and I’m not a huge fan!) – the taste difference wasn’t that drastic, so if you’re not a fan it’s worth leaving out. We also used virgin organic coconut oil, which holds a bit more of a coconut taste – again not bad in my opinion paired with chocolate, but something to note when you’re grabbing your coconut oil (i.e. organic vs. not).
Shopping List: (Makes about 6-peanut butter cups)
– 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
– 1.5 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
– 4 Tablespoons of Creamy Organic Peanut Butter
– 3-5 drops of liquid Stevia Sweetener (optional)
– Pecans (optional)
– Cupcake Liners
1. In a medium size mixing bowl, pour all of your ingredients together into a bowl. Using organic peanut butter is key, since you’ll want this to be a liquid base substance, so if your peanut butter is thicker you may need to melt it!
2. Once your ingredients are mixed, get your cupcake liners prepped! We filled the bottom of each of the liners with pecans – which is optional of course. Then scoop equal parts throughout for your thickness, if you have any extra top off your cups!
3. Once you batter is all poured, place peanut butter cups into the freezer. Let freeze for a few hours before serving and enjoying. Store in freezer in between snacking!
So there you have it, a delicious, easy, dairy-free and keto friendly sweet treat! Here to help my Bee readers satisfy their sweet tooth, in new and easy ways — in case you missed it, check out this super easy and also dairy free cookie dough recipe!