Towards the end of the summer I shared my Granny’s famous Whiskey Sour recipe – that I mentioned my family is game to drink cold anytime of the year, it shows up at Thanksgiving and at summer parties. But I thought it would be delicious to try this family famous recipe out with a twist as the colder days start creeping in and make it a hot drink for fall parties and winter gatherings!
What You’ll Need:
– Ten High Whiskey
– (2) Frozen Lemonade Mixes
– Maraschino cherries for garnish
– Lemon slices for garnish
1. Dump your frozen lemonade mixes into the pot on the stove. Fill up empty lemonade canister with water and pour over top – repeat this one-to-one for each frozen lemonade mix being used.
2. Stir lemonade mix and water together and bring to a boil on the stove top, once to a boil, let it simmer and eventually turn off heat.
3. Pour your whiskey into your glass first, a large shot or a 1/4 of the glass – then pour your water/lemonade mix over top.
4. Garnish with cherry juice, a couple cherries and a slice of lemon and enjoy!
It was a delicious twist on a great refreshing drink and definitely helped warm us up handing out candy on Halloween! I’ll always love the cold version, but mixing in this new, super easy hot cocktail will definitely be making a few appearances at our house – plus B really liked it. Looking for other festive cocktails – get some inspiration with these.