Happy Friday! Today I am sharing with you my first pass at Overnight Oats. Yes, I finally bit the bullet and tried this craze. I was hoping to share two recipes with you, but I didn’t love the one – and why share stuff with you all that I don’t love?! The best part about this recipe is, it tastes delicious, it’s a little sweet, it’s dairy free, and easy for on the go! What You’ll Need:
– 1/2 cup of rolled oats
– 3/4 cup of almond milk
– 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
– 3 tbsp. of grated carrot
– 1 tbsp. of maple syrup
– 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
– Shredded coconut for topping
1. Place all dry ingredients into a small, air tight container (mason jars seem to be the most popular!) then stir the dry ingredients together.
2. Next, add the almond milk and stir so that it’s mixed well.
3. Seal with lid, and place in fridge overnight (or at least 2-3 hours)
4. Top oats with coconut topping, as much or as little as you’d like!
I’m still curious about these overnight oats, so I’m sure I’ll be trying a few other recipes! Not to mention I am a horrible planner in the mornings for breakfast, so this is good for morning workout days. What are your favorite overnight oat recipes? Please leave a comment below!