I am a firm believer in writing down your goals, whether they be short term or long term! I generally make goals at the beginning of each year to help keep me focused and plan of the course of the year. My 2016 goals were all accomplished except one that has truly been an ongoing struggle these last few years – my workout routine, but since it’s officially my wedding year, I’ve got a lot of added motivation!
- B and I are already signed up for a half marathon, so as long as I train like I need too, this should be an easy check off the list, however it’s been 3-years since we’ve done a half! Ouch.
- I had an epiphany over the holiday break about what I need to be successful in my workout, and it’s a challenging group class with strong instructors – which is my beloved boot camp, I’ve gone in spurts these last few years but always stop because of the cost. But I’m going to make an investment in my health, because I need it and I love the class.
- One thing I miss about my old job is being down the hall from some of my best friends. We’ve made it a point to see each other for lunches, coffee dates and weekends but it’s easy to get busy and not make time. Going to continue to make it a point, along with making trips and weekends with my BFF.
- I don’t want our wedding planning to get in the way of getting out of town and taking a trip even if it’s a quick weekend getaway! Although I wouldn’t mind a longer trip… or two *winks*
- I want to continue to challenge myself in the workplace, work at personal challenges I face and also continue to be creative at work and at home by prioritizing what is important and ultimately helping in my number one priority of being healthy and happy.
- Hoping that I remain level-headed during the wedding planning, especially when it comes to things like the bride shower and bachelorette party… but also choosing which decisions to stand-by and what things to let go of. It’s all about the detail!
As I have mentioned recently, 2016 was unexpectedly AMAZING. I am trying not to have as high expectations for 2017 and hoping it has an opposite affect, but that is kind of hard when it’s the year of your wedding *smiles*
If you’ve never written your goals down, try it! Even if it’s just on a post-it or notes in your phone. Put it someplace you’ll see it often to be reminded, you may be surprised at how successful you are!