Planning any fall getaways? October always seems to fly by, but one of our favorite to-do’s is getting out of town for a quick weekend trip, being in the middle of nowhere, no wi-fi, no traffic, no house work, just hanging out and escaping the world. As much as I love a weekend away with B, it’s even more fun when you can plan it with some friends or family. Here are a few must-have’s for your upcoming weekend away.
- Games: This is a way to laugh, have some friendly competition and get away from the TV! Having some good group games like Cranium, Wavelength, Cards Against Humanity or even just a deck of cards will kick your nights off right.
- Drinks: Have a variety of alcoholic beverages, but if you can find a fun recipe that is season specific or a new recipe to try! Split the ingredients with your friends and join together in trying something new.
- Music: Whether an inpromptu Basketstreet Boys dance party breaks out or just some background music is needed during games and drinks be sure to bring some portable blue tooth speakers and have some tunes ready to go!
- Food: Be sure to have a variety of snacks to enjoy during games and drinks; you can’t go wrong with cheese, crackers, grapes and don’t forget some chocolate to snack on! For dinners and breakfasts, keep it easy, eggs, bagels, oven pizza’s or something you can throw on the grill. After all your away so enjoy the down time.
- Local Spot: If you go to the same weekend getaway spot, and you haven’t found your go-to local spot yet, get on it! Whether it’s a place for breakfast, an ice cream spot, an antique store, or a local brewery (we opt for the local brewery part whenever possible). It can be your spot away from all your normal local home spots.
What’re you favorite things to do or have on a weekend getaway?
Cheers to the weekend!