I’ve always seen the pictures on Pinterest of eggs cooked in avocados, and thought two things:
2. That looks like too much work
Well I was right about only one of those statements, YUM. These guys are super easy to make so follow along and prepare to be amazed and so happy you tried something new.
What You’ll Need:
– Ripe Avocados (a little squishy)
– Muffin Pan
– Any other toppings; sriracha sauce, bacon bits, tomatoes, onion… the options are endless.
- Cut your avocado in half and remove the pit. Next scope out more of the center to create a little nook for your egg.
- Place your eggs in the muffin pan so they rest and are secure, then crack an egg into each of your avocado halves. The egg will probably overflow a little bit, that’s OK.
- Add any seasonings or extra toppings, carefully, and then place carefully into the oven. You’ll want it at 450 and you’ll cook for at least 15 minutes. Once 15-minutes is up check to see if it’s still gooey, if so, throw in for another 2-minutes, you might have to repeat this a few times – at least we have too.
- Let cool and then scoop out of the skin or eat from the skin and enjoy! It’s great by itself or enjoy on a salad like we often do for dinner.
We usually make these for dinner but these would be awesome with a side of bacon and some toast on a weekend morning and a warm cup of joe!