Happy Friday! And I’m happy to introduce the first, Fitness Friday! Coming to you live every other Friday with tips and check-ins on your progress and goals (and mine!) and even some tips to help stay in check especially as the holiday season is right around the corner, literally! And with those holidays, colder weather and darker nights – not the ideal conditions for motivation.
Here are some easy tips to remember:
- Drink Water: If you aren’t drinking water consistently throughout the day you’re going to be paying for it later on.
- Dress for the part: If you have cute workout clothes and new sneaks you’ll want to make your investment worthwhile and get sweaty!
- Stay focused, but mix it up: Know the areas you want to work on and focus on those whether it be your arms, abs, butt, legs or all of the above – but remember your muscles will get used to and immune to the same 5 exercises so mix up the routine and add new workouts to your sets!
- Stretch: I recently took a 30-minute yoga class during lunch and I can’t tell you how much my body needed that, it was amazing! If only I took a little more time (regularly) to stretch, my body and tense muscles would feel 10x better. I’ve felt the difference the entire week since.
- Stay consistent: Getting into a pattern and routine is half the battle, as soon as you get into a groove, you won’t want to miss a beat! The quicker you can start being consistent, the more likely you’ll be on your way to success.