After hosting our brunch, I found these Mini Apple Pies were the perfect, hand-sized treat for party goers, no mess, easy and delicious! So I just had to share the recipe with all of you, either for a fun and easy weekend treat or an upcoming tray to bring to Thanksgiving! Of course, I first found the idea for Mini Apple Pies on Pinterest – but quickly adapted the recipe based on my mom’s go-to apple pie recipe! I did try and attempt to make these with the homemade ‘push’ crust (see original recipe below), that did not workout, so I was forced to make a normal sized pie (which turned out amazing!) … after testing and trying, I think I found the perfect combination of crust, filling and topping.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Will make 24 Mini Apple Pies
- 2 boxes of Pillsbury Pie Crust (they come in 2-packs)
- Take a wide coffee mug (I used a Starbucks mug – or a mason jar) to cut your circles for each pie crust, try to get 6-circles out of one crust
- Grease cupcake pans
- Place circles into cupcake openings
- Skin and chop apples (6-large apples) I used McIntyre
- Top 1/2 cup sugar and 1-teaspoon cinnamon with a pinch of salt over chopped apples
- Fill your cupcake tin with filling
- In a mixing bowl; use 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup of butter
- Mix until forms pea-sized crumbs
- Sprinkle generously over each mini pie
Bake for 18-20 minutes – once cooled, use a fork around the edges and they should glide right out!