Memorial Day Weekend is the official ‘summer’ kick-off party weekend. Which means outdoor living spaces are becoming needed and used. With this in mind, I can’t help but think of ideas on how we can turn our backyard into a functional area for summer entertaining. I feel like the options are endless, making decisions harder to make.
- We don’t have a patio or a deck, so we have the option although I like the idea of having both, a deck that leads down to a patio
- I love pergola’s and would love to try and incorporate one over our potential deck area
- Comfy/lounge seating and dining options are needed
- Considering outdoor speakers to compensate for our neighbors horrible country music
- Keep enough grass space for Moz to have room to run hog wild
- Incorporate a veggie/herb garden by using minimum space
We might end up waiting a season before any final decisions are made and see how our first summer in the house goes. Our sun room is nearly complete and once we get some furniture for the front porch we’ll have some outdoor options to hold us over with. Hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Happy entertaining season!