Well, it has been 1 month and 18 days since I have graduated from college.
All my friends still in college ask and say to me, “How is graduated life?! I am so jealous, I can’t wait to be done with school.”
And I say… not totally truthfully (of course), “It’s great! Relaxing, just on the job hunt! So we shall see what happens!”
- Truth: I am actively on the job hunt
- Lie: It’s not so great, it is kind of horrible.
Sure the first few weeks at the end of December were great, because I was busy with the holidays and it was nice not to have to worry about working or classes. But now that we are in the very short month of February, and I have been on a handful of interviews, some I am still waiting, some no, it is becoming mortifying!
Will I ever get a job? I thought I had a pretty decent resume and some good experience…
Of course I will get a job, but how long am I going to have to wait for it?!? I have to live and survive and eat… just the simple things, I am not even asking for anything zealous or unnecessary (maybe the occasional purchase of a bottle of wine or a six pack of Blue Moon). I have student loans to pay for! The list could just go on forever…
A few things on the plus side:
- I have still been able to workout somewhat, (thanks to my aunt’s treadmill in her basement), but boy do I miss the gym membership from CSU. That was gold.
- I am still living in the city I am currently crushing on, fabulous Cleveland.
- I have the most amazing support system ever, my man Bentley, my parents, his parents, my aunts, and my girlfriends.
My Goal: I hope that I can get a job by my 23rd birthday, which is 1 month and 9 days away, which is a shorter length of time than I have already been on this job hunt.